Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Guest Blog: Abby Turner!

Hey guys! Today our guest blogger is Abby Turner over at Charmed Bliss! Abby and I attended the same university in Arkansas, were EEE sisters and even competed in Miss Arkansas together! I have been reading this girls blog from the get go and let me tell ya- Her blogs are encouraging to read!! So show her some love on her blog today and enjoy her post on Wedding Cupcakes!! 

Im getting hungry just thinking about it!!! :) 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------



Hello!! My name is Abby Turner and I went to school at Ouachita with Bethany for 3 years and then competed against Bethany in Miss Arkansas when she was beautiful in pink and got top 10!!


This picture is of me and Bethany at the Miss Arkansas Golf Tournament in 2010! We had such a good time and that was the first day that Bethany and I spent some one-on-one time talking about Tyler and she told me, "You just know! Everything is perfect with Tyler." She was so happy! As you can see on her face! So when Bethany asked me to guest blog while she was on her honeymoon, I was absolutely thrilled! This is my first official "guest blog" and to be honest, I am a bit nervous. My blog is called Charmed Bliss and you can check it out here! I got the name from one of my favorite verses in Nehemiah, like seriously who knew thatNehemiah had good, encouraging verses in it? It's one of those small books in the back of the Old Testament that we kind of forget about but it has so much good stuff! The whole point of my blog is to encourage my readers that through daily happy moments and life meltdowns-God's joy, his bliss, is your strength! That right there is my mission.


A little bit about me. I. LOVE. CUPCAKES!!!! I love them so much! They are just so cute and fun. So what I started doing when I went to Miss Arkansas was a cupcake countdown. It caught on and was so much fun that the nickname Cupcake Queen was placed on me. I LOVE IT!!

So what better to do on Bethany's Blog today than talk about different ways to use cupcakes with your wedding!


This one, without the design (I like my cakes very plain and elegant) is perfect. Just imagine all of the tiers in between the cupcakes as cake. Do you get the picture? All of the layers that have the paisley design on them are cake so that your guests can have a choice between cupcakes and cake! It is also a cheaper version of using cupcakes! In order to feed 300+ guests just think of all the cupcakes you would end up buying. 300 cupcakes at $3.00 a piece. WOW!! Compared to 100 cupcakes at $3.00. Changes the price a little bit!

Now the next two are not really what wedding cakes are supposed to look like-however they are great for parties. The whole point of a wedding cake is for it to look elegant and classy. This is something that these two aren't.


I love pictures. The use of pictures should be essential in every room, party, and especially weddings! I love this display! With the use of pictures and the top tier of cake is so pretty! I love it!

These next two pictures are how I would set up cupcakes at my wedding. I love making it look simple and elegant. And the top picture....The winter wonderland is how I hope my wedding looks one day! The display and detail is exquisite! Perfect use of cupcakes!



These next two pictures are perfect for a cupcake display at an outside wedding! It is so unique by the way that the cupcakes are held by ribbons! Perfection!! Please use this if you are having an outside wedding-Aren't those colors fun too?!


Now you can't have a wedding without a man. And Bethany has found a great one! I hope you have been reading her past blogs about their love story. But she figured it out! She has a man that loves and values her more than anything.

If you haven't figured out what Pinerest is. Please go. Right now. And figure it out.

PINTEREST.COM

I will still be here when you return :)

GO....Right now!!

I found this letter on Pinterest and I thought I would share it with you in the season of love and spirit of weddings.


This is what you deserve! And if you don't ever figure anything else out your entire life-Please know this: God has created you perfect and trust me I am speaking to the choir. I am living in Texas right now..away from all of my friends and all of my family and I hardly know a single soul. It has taken me 3 months to realize that I am happy as a child of God and I do not need to satisfy "myself" through a boyfriend.

There is a guy out there who will say this to you. God will bring this guy to you at the right time. Trusting God means trusting his timing. And until his timing is evident you can live a charmed life having the BLISS of the Lord as your strength to get you through this season. Be encouraged today. As fun as it is planning weddings and looking at cupcakes- Know that God will provide you someone or maybe he already has and you have a different bliss that you are being charmed by, but God will provide. One day.

But until then....

Be Charmed!
Abby

It was so fun sharing this day with you! I hope to see you over at CharmedBliss.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment