Friday, January 13, 2012

Out for the count.

Pinned Image

I have been in a fog all day long. Everything I try to do ends up being interrupted by watery eyes hindering me to see my computer screen and ultimately accomplish anything. I’ve even gone against my number one pet peeve in life- Blowing your nose in public. But today- I am sick and my coworkers had to deal.

These are the moments in life when I miss college the most.

Waking up at 9:45 for a 10AM M, W, F class that only took 10 minutes to walk to (which yes,  only left me 5 minutes to shove my hair in a polo baseball hat and walk out the door) and thinking “It’s pouring outside…. I think ill take a rain check from school today” or “I feel like I just got ran over by a semi truck….Sick day it is!”, and walking right back into my dorm room and into my fluffy warm bed only to sleep the day away.

Long gone are those days. 

While you are in college, they prepare you and give you the knowledge on getting that interview, landing that perfect job and depositing that fat paycheck twice a month, but not the “simple things” in life like the following…

  • Waking up at 6AM so you can fight morning traffic to make it to work at 8AM.
  • Sitting behind a desk from 8-5 with minimal body movement while your coworkers shoot nerf gun darts at your head.
  • Not having Christmas break, spring break or a summer break (unless you are a lucky duck teacher!)
  • How coffee is going to become something you drink all day, everyday.
  •  How printers jams are going to take off 5 years of your life
  • That your coworkers become your dysfunctional adopted family
  • Sick days are not an option anymore in January since you only have 3 per year
  • Finding a close parking space after lunch is like finding the lost city of Atlantis.
  • How your morning conversations will consist of your coworkers cats health issues and them demonstrating the “hacking of the hairball” sound they make in the middle of the night.
  • And how your eyes will start to blur around 3 PM from starring at a computer screen all day.
So I will continue to sit here blowing my nose a hundred more times and be thankful that Jesus gives us a weekend to rest and recover before another work day hits us square between the eyes!

WAIT WAIT...Before you go!

Go check out my guest blog and free printable over at my friend Madalines blog

ALSO

my other friend Caroline is doing a fun Valentines Day swap! Come check it out  and join the fun!!
You won't regret it! :)

Photobucket


Y'all have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment