Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Meet Kristin over at "Hilbert Homegrown"!


Hey guys I know I have been MIA when it comes to the blog world but I wanted to take the time to introduce to you one my good friends, Kristin, who has just opened up her new Etsy shop, Hilbert Homegrown! A few months back, Kristin gave me the CUTEST gift- A custom made pillow and of course I gushed over it and immediately told my mom who then ordered like 5 for wedding & graduation gifts!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





After six fabulous months of marriage, the housewife role overcame me, and I wanted to prove to Garrett that we newlyweds could decorate our barren apartment with beautiful Christmas decor without spending a gajillion dollars. So I busted out my grandmothers very first sewing machine (the Singer in the picture below) and taught myself how to sew. I made green pillow cases, burlap stocking to hang on our door (thanks Pinterest!), and a layered tree skirt. Garrett knew how much I enjoyed sewing so he bought me my own sewing machine!!! He's great. Anyways, I started making pillows for our house, hemmed all of our curtains, fixed Garrett's clothes... and then I ran out of things to do for our home but wanted to continue creating and sewing. Thus, Hilbert Homegrown was born.

I really do enjoy not only the sewing aspect but the personalization that goes into each piece. The shop currently has only the one initial pillow design but I plan to soon upload two new pillowcase designs and a tote that is great for summer, laundry, groceries, you name it!



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what are you waiting for??? Click here to go check out her stuff and spread the news! 


No comments:

Post a Comment